1. push yourself to get up before the rest of the world - start with 7am, then 6am, then 5:30am. go to the nearest hill with a big coat and a scarf and watch the sun rise.
2. push yourself to fall asleep earlier - start with 11pm, then 10pm, then 9pm. wake up in the morning feeling re-energized and comfortable.
3. erase processed food from your diet. start with no lollies, chips, biscuits, then erase pasta, rice, cereal, then bread. use the rule that if a child couldn’t identify what was in it, you don’t eat it.
4. get into the habit of cooking yourself a beautiful breakfast. fry tomatoes and mushrooms in real butter and garlic, fry an egg, slice up a fresh avocado and squirt way too much lemon on it. sit and eat it and do nothing else.
5. stretch. start by reaching for the sky as hard as you can, then trying to touch your toes. roll your head. stretch your fingers. stretch everything.
6. buy a 1L water bottle. start with pushing yourself to drink the whole thing in a day, then try drinking it twice.
7. buy a beautiful diary and a beautiful black pen. write down everything you do, including dinner dates, appointments, assignments, coffees, what you need to do that day. no detail is too small.
8. strip your bed of your sheets and empty your underwear draw into the washing machine. put a massive scoop of scented fabric softener in there and wash. make your bed in full.
9. organise your room. fold all your clothes (and bag what you don’t want), clean your mirror, your laptop, vacuum the floor. light a beautiful candle.
10. have a luxurious shower with your favourite music playing. wash your hair, scrub your body, brush your teeth. lather your whole body in moisturiser, get familiar with the part between your toes, your inner thighs, the back of your neck.
11. push yourself to go for a walk. take your headphones, go to the beach and walk. smile at strangers walking the other way and be surprised how many smile back. bring your dog and observe the dog’s behaviour. realise you can learn from your dog.
12. message old friends with personal jokes. reminisce. suggest a catch up soon, even if you don’t follow through. push yourself to follow through.
14. think long and hard about what interests you. crime? sex? boarding school? long-forgotten romance etiquette? find a book about it and read it. there is a book about literally everything.
15. become the person you would ideally fall in love with. let cars merge into your lane when driving. pay double for parking tickets and leave a second one in the machine. stick your tongue out at babies. compliment people on their cute clothes. challenge yourself to not ridicule anyone for a whole day. then two. then a week. walk with a straight posture. look people in the eye. ask people about their story. talk to acquaintances so they become friends.
16. lie in the sunshine. daydream about the life you would lead if failure wasn’t a thing. open your eyes. take small steps to make it happen for you. — Sixteen Small Steps to Happiness (via pigmenting)
Everything sucks right meow
↳ 25 Romantic Fonts | a subtle revelry
1. Clipper Script, by Måns Grebäck | 2. Daun Penh | 3. Cac Champagne, by American Greetings | 4. Nautik, by Henning Skibbe | 5. Sail, by Latinotype | 6. Learning Curve, by Blue Vinyl Fonts | 7. Parisienne, by Astigmatic One Eye | 8. Bodoni MT Condensed, by Monotype Type Drawing Office | 9. Sachiko, by Lauren Thompson | 10. Lobster Two, by Pablo Impallari | 11. Ever After, by Michael A. Hernandez | 12. Brannboll, by Måns Grebäck | 13. Castro Script, by Måns Grebäck | 14. Swis 721 Outline, by Max Miedinger | 15. Little Days, by West Wind Fonts | 16. Italic C | 17. Courier New, by Adrian Frutiger | 18. Frykas Light*, by Baobaby Studio | 19. Jellyka Bees Antique, by Jellyka Nerevan | 20. Little Lord Fontleroy, by Nick’s Fonts | 21. Complex, by Qbotype | 22. Roman D | 23. Euro Roman | 24. Burgues Script*, by Alejandro Paul | 25. (Title) Matilde, by Typedepot
(Source: celestialust, via thisisleniokayhi)
(Source: amelectrocution, via alyzakrizel)
Bournemouth to Weymouth, towns named for where rivers meet the sea. Ancient folds of rock help define the coast.
This is from the tumblr of Col. Chris Hadfield, a Canadian astronaut currently living on the International Space Station.
But I like to think of it as Space’s tumblr, and every single post is like, “Hey, guys. It’s me, Space. Look at you down there. Can you believe all the silly crap you’re fighting and worrying over? I mean, JUST LOOK AT YOU. You guys better cowgirl up and work together to keep this place running, because that is one gorgeous motherf*&ing planet you’ve got.”
Hey ya’ll. I joined this tee design contest by Solo. The theme was 90’s so I chose elements that were popular during that decade. ;)
Please help me win the contest! All you have to do isss
1. like the solo page: http://www.facebook.com/mySoloOnline
2. Thennn like my entry here: http://www.facebook.com/mySoloOnline?v=app_255407767922866&app_data=entry_id%3D20586404%26gaReferrerOverride%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.facebook.com%252F
It’s called “90’s Craze”.
If you are feeling extra kind you can reblog/share the entry. IDK. Holy week naman eh, magpakabait na kayo. Please? Hahahaha!
P.S The voting is till March 31!
A 2012 Recap (kind of) and a Little Favor
Kids, the year 2012 is a year of trial and error. I jumped at every opportunity I saw (you only need to see my e-mail’s sent folder to know it). I’ve been obsessed with setting goals. I had goals for the day, for the week, for the month, and for the whole year. I became so obsessed with to-do lists! (I’m good at making ‘em, but awful at crossing items out, heh.) But I digress. The main thing is that all the ‘trying’ I made paid off: my artwork got to be in the Graphika Manila book, I was picked for the first ever Behance Portfolio review in PH and, now, Cinemapua.
I can still remember one of my friends asking me to submit my scriptwriting final, uh, script. I can vividly recall learning about the news, because I was singing karaoke at that time lol. Anyway, the whole thing was super biglaan. That’s why I didn’t think my script would actually get chosen (!!!). So the news came and I was gripped with doubt and terror. Fast forward to shooting days and that’s when things started looking up. I feel so lucky for having friends to help me. Jenah and Jam are amazing. Earvin, Ian, Anthony and Van are so good at what they do tbh.
Anyway, this is literally the last thing I’m trying out this year. I want to try and win Best Poster Award! Heehe. Help a homegurl out, yes?
Step 1: Like this page.
Step 2: Like our film poster.
About the film: It follows Emma, a wild, reckless girl who meets a nun during her stay in rehab. Their lives, though entirely opposite on the surface, affect each other in ways they would’ve never imagined.
OMFG STOP WITH YOUR FACE DAMN IT
Alexa, do you know how much I think of Church when I see this?
I’m on my second day w/o watching Community. And boy oh boy oh boy. I resorted to just doing a quick background check on Joel McHale and all the others. I CAN NOT BELIEVE, DONALD GLOVER, THE “DUMB” JOCK OF GREENDALE, IS THE SAME PERSON AS CHILDISH GAMBINO, THE ARTIST WHOSE NAME I SAW IN THIS YEAR’S COACHELLA LINE UP.
DAS NOT ALL: HE WRITES FOR 30 ROCK! 3 0 R O C K (!!!)
I simply don’t know how to deal with this. He tried to audition as Spiderman? And have you even seen his twitter? His achievements make my head whirl. I was thinking about his life all day today and when I saw his beautiful face on my dashboard just now I couldn’t resist reblogging it.
I think it’s destiny.
I’m not that cool, okay, I’m not Juno, homeslice! — Britta Perry, cutie from Community